14 OCT 2011 - NSW CHAMPS RD3 - EVENT UPDATE
Obviously the weather is looking very ordinary today and there is risk of thunderstorms in the west this afternoon.
Even if the rain stopped later this afternoon we would have little chance of preparing the racing surface to a satisfactory level to go racing tonight. So with that in mind we will be cancelling tonight and go with the schedule as it is for tomorrow, the forecast is looking better all the time and looks like we will be able to get the event in.
Those that want to come and set up tonight up until 7:00pm are welcome, there will be a security guard at the gate overnight and he will only be letting race cars and trailers in so if you have crew you need them to be with you or behind you for them to gain access. You will be able to pick up your tickets from the office up until 7:00pm tonight however there will be NO scrutineering or registration tonight.
Gates will be opening at 8:00am on Saturday Morning … We apologise for any inconvenience however as I said earlier there is little chance of getting the track prepped to level we would be happy with tonight.
Please take care on the roads and we look forward to seeing you all in the morning.
SYDNEY DRAGWAY TEAM